Participants will be able to:
- List 3 reasons it is important for infertility nurses to be sensitive to differences in the needs of patients who seek treatment.
- State 2 reasons why infertility nurses might struggle with sensitivity in the infertility setting.
- Explain why the infertility experience is often hard for the partner of the patient.
- Identify 3 reasons why seeking infertility treatment can be hard for LGBTQ+ patients.
- Recognize how religious beliefs can impact a willingness to seek and cope with infertility treatment.
- Describe 2 ways that race or ethnicity impacts a patient's approach to infertility treatment.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.0 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
NPWH Approval Period: 7/13/2020 - 7/31/2022
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity is approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.0 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 20-13. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 4/2020. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.